For more updates on the rugby club, join us on our Facebook and Instagram sites where you can find the latest news, updates and fun!
TRAINING THIS WEEKEND
Restricted training is on for all squads this weekend.
COVID-19 UPDATE – RESTRICTED TRAINING
As of this Saturday 29th February, the SCC Rugby Academy recommenced with restricted training, taking a risk based approach with mitigating steps in line with the MOH and JRCS guidelines.
1) In accordance with the MOH, players, parents, coaches and staff SHALL NOT come down for training if they or a family member have travelled to mainland China, South Korea, Iran or Northern Italy in the past 14 days, and/or they have had visitors from mainland China, South Korea, Iran or Northern Italy staying with/visiting over the past 14 days.
2) Players, parents, coaches, and staff MUST take their temperatures BEFORE they come down for training. Players, parents, coaches, staff, etc may only attend training if their temperature is below 37.5C.
3) If their temperatures is below 37.5C, players and coaches MUST indicate on TeamSnap that they are attending training. By indicating on TeamSnap that the player or coach is attending training, you are giving your assurance that their temperature has been taken and is normal prior to training.
4) If any player, parent, coach and staff has a temperature, has a cough or has cold symptoms, they MUST NOT come to training.
5) There will be a temperature check station down on the playing fields, for any players, parents, coaches or staff who have not taken their temperature before training.
6) Spot temperature checks of players, parents, coaches and staff will also be taken.
7) Adults (parents or helpers) who are accompanying the players MUST sign a disclaimer that they have adhered to the protocols listed above. This disclaimer will be provided to them by a team coach.
In order to minimize contact between the children, the following protocols will be put into place:
- Training times will be altered to spread out the training sessions and reduce contact between age groups:
- 8:00am to 9:00am – U4, U5
- 8:00am to 9:15am – U6, U7, U8, U9
- 9:30am to 11:00am – U10, U11, U12, U13
- 11:15am to 12:45pm – U14, U15, U16/17
- There will be no contact, and training will be based on skills, techniques and fitness.
- The use of mouthguards is banned in order to reduce the risk of cross contamination as children tend to take their mouthguards out of their mouth regularly throughout training.
- Players must not share water bottles.
- Training times will remain the same for Girls Touch and Contact on Sunday morning.
- The age groups must make full use of the space provided and keep their training sessions as separate from the other age groups as possible.
- Training times will remain the same for mid week training.
- Each training group must make full use of the space provided to keep their training sessions as separate as possible.
During this restricted training period, we will not be allowing potential new players to attend for trials. All players taking part in the restricted training must be fully registered members of the SCC Rugby Academy. This is in order that the Academy has full transparency for all players if tracking is required. These protocols will remain in place until further notice.
JRCS LEAGUE AND MINI TOURNAMENTS
All JRCS League games and mini tournaments are cancelled until further notice. The JRCS Committee are meeting again to discuss the ongoing situation on or about Wednesday 11th March, and we will advise if there are any further updates after this meeting.
UPDATE ON TRAINING FEES DUE TO COVID-19 (CORONAVIRUS)
We have had a number of queries from parents concerned with receiving refunds due to the suspension of training due to COVID-19 (Coronavirus).
The Academy will be absorbing as much of the cost of cancellations (training, tournament bookings, etc) as we can, in order to ensure that there is as little impact to our parents as possible.
As the majority of players have already paid their fees, we will continue to collect full fees for this term, Term 1, as normal. We will then be discounting training fees for Term 2 in order to provide compensation for the sessions missed this term.
We would like to reassure parents that the Academy is a not for profit organisation, and whether training goes ahead or not, we still have operating costs to cover to ensure that the club remains viable. No one benefits from any extra revenue the Academy might make apart from the local rugby community, of which members are the Academy are part of.
We would like to highlight that the cancellation of training was not a decision that the Academy made lightly, but due to these exceptional circumstances that we had no control of, it is one that we had to take.
TRAINING FEES DUE FOR 1st TERM 2020
Training fees for Term 1 are now overdue. If you have not paid fees this year, you can check how much you owe for your child using TeamSnap. Select their name under their team under My Teams on your dashboard page, and then select the Payments tab to see their listing and training fees due. The diagrams below will help you.
If you use the web version of TeamSnap, you will find a PayPal link on the Payments tab to make payment easier for you. Please note that the PayPal link can only be found in the web version of TeamSnap, and does not show on the mobile app version.
Alternatively, you can pay by bank transfer. Bank details are included below. A quick reminder for those paying by bank transfer – PLEASE ENSURE TO ADD A REFERENCE TO YOUR CHILD’S NAME AND TEAM. THIS AVOIDS ISSUES OF PAYMENTS BEING UNASSIGNED.
Please note that on your TeamSnap “home page”, it will show that you have “No Invoices Due” – this refers to the registration fee you paid when your child first joined the Academy. You need to select your child’s name under their team (under My Teams), and then the Payments tab, to find this term’s Training Fees.
LATE PAYMENT CHARGES
A 15% charge will be added to all unpaid fees after the 4th week of term – for this term, the late fee will come into effect on Friday 7th February 2020.
Account Name: The Rugby Academy Ltd
Account No: 0339049654
Bank Name: DBS
Branch Code: 033
Swift Code: DBSSSGSG
Please reference your child’s name and age group on the payment.
We do not accept payment of training fees by cheque or cash.
THE FRY GROUP TAX WORKSHOP: BUDGET 2020 – WHAT DO THE UK TAX CHANGES MEAN FOR ME?
Date: Wednesday, 18 March 2020
Time: Breakfast, Lunch and Evening Sessions Available
Location: The Fry Group, 6 Battery Road #16-04/05, Singapore 049909
The UK Budget has been confirmed for 11 March 2020. This will be the first Budget in more than four decades as a non-EU state, and new Chancellor of the Exchequer, Rishi Sunak’s first Budget of the new Government, so likely to attract great interest both in the UK and overseas.
This workshop session will focus on:
- An overview of the major tax changes announced and changes to personal tax will be discussed in more detail
- The dates changes will apply from and what they will mean for UK taxpayers
- A particular focus on changes that come into force from 6 April 2020
- A discussion around the tax planning opportunities to reduce the impact of forthcoming tax changes
Peter Webb, International Tax Manager, The Fry Group
Light refreshments will be served and there will be plenty of opportunity for Q&A.
The Fry Group of companies comprises of Wilfred T Fry Ltd – Taxation Consultants, Wilfred T Fry (Executor and Trustee) Ltd, The Fry Group (H.K.) Ltd, The Fry Group (Singapore) Pte Ltd, The Fry Group (Belgium) SA, Wilfred T Fry (Personal Financial Planning) Ltd – Dubai Branch, and Wilfred T Fry (Personal Financial Planning) Ltd (‘PFP’). The last company is authorised and regulated in the UK by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA number 114402) and is also passported under EU regulations. The Fry Group (H.K.) Ltd is licensed to conduct investment advisory and asset management in Hong Kong by the Securities & Futures Commission (SFC; CE Number: ATY965) and is licensed as an insurance broker by the insurance Authority (IA; Licence Number: FB1207).The Fry Group (Singapore) Pte Ltd is authorised to act as a financial adviser by the Monetary Authority of Singapore – licence number FA100057. The Fry Group (Belgium) SA is regulated in Belgium by the FSMA (Reg. No. 23345 A) and is also passported under IMD EU regulations. Wilfred T Fry (Personal Financial Planning) Ltd – Dubai Branch is regulated by the Dubai Financial Services Authority (licence number F005071).
With the recent rainy conditions, please make sure you check our Facebook page for the status of training if there is heavy rain, and/or thunder and lightening.
Join our Facebook page at SCC Rugby Academy Facebook
You do not need to be signed up to Facebook to view this page as our page is public and open to all.
DATES FOR THE DIARY
MCM Straits Rugby 10s (U10 to U14) – postponed for a later date TBC
KL Tigers International 10s and Touch Tournament – postponed for a later date TBC
TRC Junior Cup – 9th and 10th May
SCC Rugby Academy 7s and Touch Tournament 2020 – 23rd to 25th October (with finals being held at the SCC7s Tournament on the weekend of 31st October/1st November).
Term 1 – Saturday 11th January 2020 to Sunday 22nd March 2020 (there will be no training the weekend of 25th and 26th January for Chinese New Year half term)
Term 2 – Saturday 18th April 2020 to Sunday 21st June 2020
Term 3 – Saturday 22nd August 2020 to 6th December 2020 (with no training on 17th and 18th October for half term)